Friday, December 16, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic - MY WAIT IS OVER (Early Game Access Email Notification) - With Short Gameplay Video


If you see this in your email, grab all the caffiene in the house you can find, move the microwave and mini-fridge into your room, pull out that Travel Buddy portable bathroom thing and say goodbye to your family.

To celebrate my Early Access to the Official Release Of Star Wars The Old Republic Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, I am sharing a little video I threw together in the last days of the Beta!

It was myself playing a couple quests in the last hours of the Beta Game Testing, mostly to finish up a storyline for my Signifigant Other, and I recorded it and put it together in a short video that they could watch to at least see the end of the Quest Line they were working on. It's not going to win any awards (I sort of went from a Let's Play style of recording to a Cinematic style of presentation during the course of recording the gameplay) but I had fun with Sony's Vegas Movie Studio putting in 'feathered line wipes' (just like the Star Wars movies use hah) and organizing the clips to represent the proper timeline that I played out in the game and putting them together in [what eventually became] something like a little animated movie.. The Speederbike travel music and Palace combat music I edited in from the Star Wars Motion Picture Soundtracks. I attempted to watch the credits during the Beta and I included some of that result in there as well. It's short, has a small part of the Imperial Agent Main Story Class Quest Line in it (I believe the NDA is over now, but will still put the word SPOILER in there somewhere) and isn't anything spectacular, but it was fun to make and I wanted to share something to celebrate my beginning officially playing SWTOR. Enjoy!




See you in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment